8.8.13

From The Slumb Interviews Wade


New Orleans emcee kicks it with The Slumbs for an exclusive interview. Listen to his "U.O.E.N.O Freestyle" while you enjoy the interview and be sure to download his latest project Seven here


 FTS: So for those who may be unfamiliar, can you explain who you are as an artist? 

Wade: Ummm as an artist I'd say I'm the same person I'd be if I wasn't, I'm not into the flashy rappin about bitches and money, I rather speak on things that's not just relevant to myself but to everyone in this era. I feel like if I weren't into rapping I'd still find some way or form to still express that.

FTS: Growing up in New Orleans around an abundance of violence, you would think your music would be more trapped out. What would you say contributed to your different style of music? 

Wade: I moved from New Orleans when I was 14 to a small town called Plaquemine, right outside of Baton Rouge thats when my whole life slowed down.. Though New Orleans is known for it's troubles, theirs still a lot of good in this city and being away from it made me appreciate the good and the bad of it which I try to incorporate in my music.

FTS: Who are some artists you look up to or dream about working with in the future?

Wade: I definitely look up to J Cole and Kendrick, their whole movement of this New Age music just inspires the hell out of me. I wouldn't mind working with them or Hov. He'll I'd work with anybody right now lol 

FTS: If you could be any cartoon character, who would it be & why?

Wade: Lol this is random as fuck but ummm probably Patrick, Patrick seemed care free with no worries. That's how I wanna live.

FTS: I must admit Seven is a pretty solid project. from the beat selection to the dope acapella poem you spit. How long did it take you to put together this particular project? 

Wade: Thanks I appreciate that, I feel like I've been working on Seven for years and I didn't even know it, but really about 4 or 5 months all together. 4 or 5 LONG months lol

FTS: How long have you been rapping and when did you decide to start taking your craft seriously? 

Wade: I started rapping in 9th grade, it's crazy cause I always wanted to be a singer and every time I'd go to the studio with my DJ I'd walk out when somebody was recording a rap verse or something, I wasn't really into it. I think my 11th grade year of high school I really found myself and my voice and actually could sit there and listen to my own music, that's when I realized I had a gift.

FTS: What is the meaning behind the title of your mix tape ?

Wade: Man I'm glad you asked me this lol, Seven is the number of completion,
I read in the bible that it's the most powerful and luckiest number of them all. We know earth was created in Seven days, the body goes through Seven physical stages before completion and then we die, etc.. it's a lot, it's way deeper than just a title.
The number of completion.

 FTS: If you could hop in the studio with anybody, dead or alive, who would it be and why? 


Wade: Probably my cousin Vee, I keep him alive through my music, he inspired me throughout my whole life to just be myself, he was actually the first person out of my family to actually believe in my dream and have faith in me. He never got the opportunity to actually witness me record so yea that would be cool. RIP to him.

FTS: Before "Seven" even dropped, i seen the hashtags flooding my timeline in support. Did you expect your tape to do as well as it did or did it come to you as more of a shock? 


Wade: Shout out to everybody that joined that hash tag movement farreal! That was mad love.
Honestly I didn't know what to expect from Seven, my homies vibed to it, my family did, I just didn't know how the world would except it as far as telling my story and having people relate to it.
I expected it to do well tho. #foreverhumble

FTS: What's next for the New Orleans lyricist? When can we expect some new music or visuals ?

Wade: Visuals coming sooner than you think, I still haven't released the "Seven" video which has been done for months directed my "Mary Gold" (@lordsteez),
and I'm currently in the process of shooting the "Gold Grill" video.
As far as music, I was told not to speak on this but ummm.. yea Halloween 2013!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment