23.7.13

From The Slumb Interviews Jmula


From The Slumb had the oppurtunity to catch up with Little Rock recording artist, Jmula. Checkout some of his tunes while you enjoy our run in. 


FTS: First off, who is Jmula? For those who may be unaware.

Jmula: Jmula is a young determined Indie Recording Artist from the West End of Little Rock , Arkansas.

FTS: Now it's been awhile since we heard from u besides a track here & there. What has Jmula been up too?

Jmula:  I been grinding mane. Soaking up life as I live and learning as I go.

FTS: Word word I can feel that. How has life changed since the release of your last project "Baggage Claim"?

Jmula: Mane , Life has been moving very fast for me since I've dropped out of college from Grambling state . Coming back home to Arkansas  being hit with life challenges in the streets and responsibilities at home. All I can do is strive for better outcomes and grind harder towards my success.

FTS: Yea that's real shit homes. I also understand you have a upcoming tape entitled "Green Crack". Is there an official release for it or has one yet to be determined ? 

Jmula: July 31st right after my label mate Lothraxx POY mixtape drops on the 23rd of July. (Today)

FTS: Cool Cool, so what can we expect on "Green Crack" that we didn't get to experience on "Baggage Claim" ?

Jmula: You can expect More of ME ....hype ness and more chilled whammin! iPhone type music...I put a piece of my life in every project I do but this time I'm giving people more of what they want to hear !

FTS: No doubt my brotha. Now having indulged in my fair share of Mary Jane, I understand Green Crack is the name of a particular strain. Is the tape also named in honor of this strain?

Jmula: Yes it is . But I have a meaning of my own far as GREEN being the symbol of money and Mary j. CRACK is dope like drugs to your ears .

FTS: Haha, dope shit brah brah. So after the release of this tape, what will be next in the works for Jmula? 

Jmula: I have another project I'm working on now ...title will be released soon with artwork ...but alotta shows will take place with this mixtape ...so book me !...501-607-3589 Sidney moe, I put on a show.

FTS: How much time did it take for you to put together this project? I know you put prolly put in overtime with this being your comeback tape, if that's safe to say. 

Jmula: Yeah I been working on this tape since I was at Grambling in 2012 ...took a Lil down time to live a bit shape my sound and here it is.

 FTS: Fasho homes. So if you had to compare this tape to any cartoon character, whether it be the personality or appearance, who would it be & why? 

Jmula:  it'll be Bugs bunny...lol dude was like the FACE of loony tunes and he was always the one with the master plan...he was a G too !

 FTS: Hahaha good choice doc! Any last remarks you would like to add? S/O's or any information you think fans would like to know?

Jmula: Yeah S/o to my Team G3MGC my nigga LoThraxx ,he putting on fa da city real shit! And every artist ,producer , engineer from Arkansas to Louisiana , up east to the west coast doing they thang...follow me on Instagram : @Datniggamula Twitter: @tharealjmula I talk back to my fans !!!! BlackItaly.

No comments:

Post a Comment