27.5.13

Trillmuzik Exclusive Kel Interview



Major Trill Muzik shout out to artist Kel for these extra dope answers. All praise to the most high. Checkout his latest video above. 


TRILLMUZIK: Your name was once Killa Kel, does this mean when you first started you took more of a gangster approach? 


KEL: Haha. umm I wouldn't say I took a gangster approach. My music wasn't "Gangster" music at all. Killa was actually a nick name that was given to me in High school, so I kind of ran with it. To me at the time Killa Kel represented like two sides of me. Killa was the more aggressive, cocky, kind of care free side, and Kel was more of the Laid back introspective one. I decided to change it though. The Killa was just to negative for the message I wanted to give.

TRILLMUZIK: Who is your favorite cartoon character & why?

KEL: Hmm good question.. haha I guess my favorite cartoon show and character wouldn't have to be the same. But I would say my favorite character is Johnny Bravo just because he wore shades and had all the ladies. haha yea If I was a cartoon I think i'd definitely be the black Johnny Bravo... lol 

TRILLMUZIK: What artists would you say inspire your muzik? Or maybe artists that you just enjoy listening too? 

KEL: Most of my music is inspired but old soul and R&B like Earth, Wind & Fire, Luther Vandross, Sade, Aaliyah, the list goes on forever. I also love listening to new up and coming artist that haven't quite made it yet, but are making a name for themselves underground. I remember getting on Drake, J. cole, and Kendrick Lamar right when they came on the scene and kind of followed them since. I like underground hip-hop though. A couple people I've been really on lately are artist like Casey Veggies, Dom Kennedy, and Chance the Rapper. Not so much radio.

TRILLMUZIK: The 1 year anniversary of "Sincerely Yours" just passed not to long ago. What can you say has changed in your life since the release of that tape? 

KEL: Wow so much has changed. For one I graduated College, so that was a huge step in my life. Recently we kind of did our own 2 month mini tour where we did shows all over Louisiana. I've meet a lot of people in the industry. My fan base is growing every day I'm just blessed to have this opportunity to do music. I'm really excited for the future. 

TRILLMUZIK: How would you describe your muzik to someone who's never heard it before? 

KEL: Music that will touch your soul.

TRILLMUZIK: If you could hop in the studio with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why? 

KEL: Ah man that's a tough one to name just one. But I'll say I would want to go back in time and work with Kanye West back when he was working on Late Registration. He was and is still one of my artist of all just because our his creativity and vision.
TRILLMUZIK: What drives you to keep doing what you're doing? 

KEL: I just have a passion for music and a calling to do something with my talents to inspire others in a positive way. 

TRILLMUZIK: When did you realize that this rapping thing was what you wanted to do as a career? 

KEL: I hate the term "Rapping" just because I feel like people have certain idealistic opinions about what that is, but I realized that music was for me the first time I heard my high school band play one of my music arrangements. I wanted that feeling forever. It's unexplainable.  

TRILLMUZIK: What do you think about all the evil that circulates around in the industry? A lot of rappers list after the fame life now knowing how cold it is in that light.

KEL: Well I feel like as long as the devil is around there will be evil, not only in the music industry, but in the world. Honestly that really doesn't concern me at all, because I serve an Awesome GOD that is watching over me. I'm doing his work

TRILLMUZIK: Any closing remarks? S/O's? Upcoming shows or projects we can be expecting? 

KEL: Yea I just wanted to give thanks to GOD. S/o to my family that supports me, my friends and All the people that follow and support what I do. Def a Big S/o to you for the recognition and coming up with these awesome questions for me. haha uhh be on the look out for New Music, New Videos, and a New Project coming very soon! The Title is "All I Ever Wanted" not to many details on it just yet, but I can tell you it's going to be great. New YouTube Channel YouTube.com/Kelmusic12 so make sure you Subscribe. and Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: Kelmusic12 . Follow your dreams! God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment